giovedì 21 luglio 2011

Harry Potter in 99 Seconds

I started to read Harry Potters' books in original language just soonafter they were published, and I followed the entire story for several years. Further to be one of the most successful fantasy sagas ever, HP has a special place in my life, having been a fil rouge for the history between my wife and me. It was just the second time we had an appointment, back in 2001, and I proposed to go to movies and see this then not-so-famous and childish story (it was the first movie, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone).

Great things happened since then.

Despite having the evidence of a 32-years-old man willing to go and see a movie about a child wizard, she agreed to become my fiancée first, and my wife then. We also managed to have a house and two children, while still going to see a new Harry Potter movie each time it was published, while I was in parallel reading the books.

I have to say that reading all the books and seeing all the movies was a heck of a job, thousands of pages and hours spent in following Harry, Hermione and all the happy bunch in and out of Hogwarts, chasing horcruxes, drifting Death Eaters and He Who Has Not to Be Named, and finally coming to the happy end of two families forming out of former schoolmates, as in the best tradition of fairy tales.

Considered all that, I find quite entertaining that these two boys, which were evidently children the time when the first Rowling's book hit the market, found the time to elaborate and spread this song. Good synthesis and impromptu art has to be rewarded!!

PS While doing this, I solemnly swear to be up to no good!! :-)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento